Wrongful Death Litigation
A Dedicated Team of Legal Experts Focused on Wrongful Death Cases
Helping Clients Nationwide Pursue Justice
Helpful Legal Terms
- Civil case/claim: One person claims they have been wrongly harmed by another person or business. Unlike a criminal charge where the government alleges a person has committed an act harmful to society as a whole.
- Plaintiff: The person that claims to have been harmed by the actions of the Defendant who must respond to the claim.
- Negligence: A failure to act reasonably under the existing circumstances to reasonably protect the safety and wellbeing of those around you. This standard is called reasonable care.
- Damages (general): Injuries, harms and losses resulting from the act of another. Common examples are economic damages like medical bills, lost wages, funeral expenses, and property damage, as well as non-economic damages like pain, suffering, grief, loss of guidance and support, loss of companionship, mental anguish, and emotional distress.
Learn More About Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If you have lost a loved one because of someone else, you know nothing can bring them back. But you might be wondering, “What now?” In a time like this, that question has many answers, but if you are considering legal action, we are here to explain and clarify your options.
- What is a “wrongful death” claim in Colorado?
- Who can file a “wrongful death” claim in Colorado?
- When can you file a “wrongful death” claim in Colorado?
- How much money (called damages) can someone recover from a “wrongful death” claim?
- Are there any other options?
We hope after reading this, you can have a better understanding of this complicated issue.
Knowing Who To Contact Can Be an Important Step in the Recovery Process
If you or someone in your family has been seriously injured, then you have experienced first-hand how much a person’s life can be changed in the blink of an eye or an instant of time. When something terrible and unexpected like this happens, the seriously injured person and their families are suddenly thrust into a world of chaos and uncertainly that just days or even hours ago seemed unimaginable. As you try to regain some level of control in the midst of all the uncertainty, you might be wondering or asking yourself, “What do we do now?” or “What’s next for us?”.
Attorney Kyle Bachus knows first-hand how difficult it can be to suddenly lose a loved one in an accident. It’s also devastating when you or a family member suffers severe injuries that forever change your lives. When the unthinkable happens, what are your next steps? How can you start to rebuild your life in this new normal? If you’ve recently been affected by catastrophic injury or wrongful death, Kyle Bachus provides guidance on navigating this path that no one chooses.
Meet Our Legal Experts
We know that what happened to you is unimaginable. Our goal is to help you have the best possible experience in the legal system. When you need skilled, experienced, and compassionate representation, the Elite Litigation Group is here for you.
“Thank you for not giving up on me”
…there was a point when I wanted to give up… Bachus & Schanker did not give up on me. They just kept pushing through and letting me know that we’re on a team and that they’re there for me, to support me and help me in any way I need.
Thank you for giving me a second chance, for helping me with a second chance and thank you for not giving up on me.
When you go through an accident, so many people you find give up on you and you don’t matter anymore to them and that wasn’t the case with Bachus & Schanker.